Phone - (07) 5658 0040
Intermediate Scaffolding Course Brisbane
What is included in our Intermediate Scaffolding Course Brisbane?
Intermediate Scaffolding Courses Brisbane include the following:
- Pre-course study guide
- Formal / Theory training
- Training Plan
- Activity Book
- Practical Training – Erect or install and dismantle
- Hazard and risk assessment
- Erect Barrow ramps and Sloping platform construction
- Cantilever and Spur construction
- Install and secure cantilevered crane loading platform
- Erect and dismantle tube and coupler scaffold single lift
- Lashing of planks
- Legislative requirements
- HRWL Written and Practical Assessment
- Evidence of your SB Class HRWL or Notice of Assessment.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. o
- Evidence of identity (Photo).
- Australian drivers license.
- Medicare Card or Passport
- 100 points required for lodgement of assessment
- Adequate English language numeracy and literacy skills. If not, please contact us. We can help.
- Steel cap boots, high visibility shirt, hard hat, safety glasses.
- We recommend long sleeve shirts and long trousers and UV sunscreen. Steel cap runners are not acceptable. Safety sunglasses may be acceptable.
- Scaffold tools and scaffold belt. Talk to us first if you are thinking of buying them.
- Reasonable health fit for scaffold work.
- You must advise us of any health issues that may place you or others at risk. This will not preclude your enrolment but, will allow us to determine appropriate adjustments to your training and physical activities.
Bookings for your Intermediate Scaffolding Course can be made either over the phone or by email.
Some of the information we will require are:
- Your legal name as shown on your drivers licence (First and last name).
- Date of Birth.
- Contact details
- USI Number – As of the 1st of January 2015 all trainees must supply or obtain a USI (Unique Student Identifier). This is mandatory. If you do not yet have one, please click on this link or search online for “USI Student Identifier”
The purpose of our Intermediate Scaffolding course is to provide applicants with the necessary experience and knowledge to safely erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at an intermediate level in many industries across Australia including civil construction and mining.
A current class SB High-Risk Work license is required as a pre-requisite for this course.
Scaffolding is a temporary structure used to support workmen and materials while building, repairing or maintaining buildings or any other man-made structure. It is commonly used on construction sites to keep workers safe when work cannot be done at ground level. Intermediate scaffolding comes in many forms and can include cantilevered scaffolds, cantilevered crane loading platforms, scaffolding associated with perimeter safety screens and shutters, and tube and coupler scaffolds.
Our Intermediate Scaffolding course will provide applicants with the skills necessary to efficiently plan a job, choose and inspect the appropriate plant and equipment for the specified job and finally erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the intermediate level that may include the use of cantilevered crane-loading platforms, cantilevered and spurred scaffolds, and tube and coupler scaffolds to name a few.
All aspects of this course will be taught at our training facility in Brisbane through written and practical teachings.
The course content will include the following;
- OHS legislation and all relevant Australian standards and codes of practice.
- Hazard identification and risk control including the hierarchy of control
- Erecting, altering and dismantling scaffolding at the intermediate level with the use of appropriate tools and safety equipment
- Different types, capabilities, and limitations of scaffolds and scaffolding equipment
- Before and after routine operational checks, maintenance and isolation procedures of all plant and equipment
- How to choose the appropriate equipment for the job being carried out
- Work method statements, job safety analyses and all relevant documentation regarding the work-site
- Written and verbal communication in the workplace
- Safe working loads and working load limit calculations of the various scaffolding constructions
- Ground suitability including soil types and ground condition
The successful candidate will have the ability to demonstrate the following;
- Erect, plumb, stabilize and dismantle different types of scaffold and scaffolding equipment associated with Intermediate scaffolding including cantilevered scaffolds, tube and coupler scaffolds, and mast climbing work platforms
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of scaffolding at the intermediate level
- Identify potential hazards at the intermediate scaffold level and apply necessary control measures
- Inspect all scaffolding and equipment in compliance with workplace policies and procedures and perform isolation procedures when necessary.
- Knowledge of both scaffold equipment and safety equipment at the intermediate level such as mast climbers, screen and shutters, safety harness and inertia reel.
- Understand the various soil types and ground conditions necessary for setting up plant and equipment.
- Communicate effectively in the workplace along with the use of 2-way radios when necessary
- Estimate safe working loads and working load limits using mathematical calculations
- Comply with OHS legislation, Australian standards, and work site procedures
- Interpret manufacturer’s instructions and specifications for plant and equipment
All components of this course are essential in completing your Intermediate Scaffolding training. Our highly skilled and flexible trainers will provide you with the confidence and assurance necessary to safely erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at an intermediate level across many industries.
Other Scaffolding Courses Are: Advanced Scaffolding Course Brisbane, Basic Scaffolding Courses Brisbane