Phone - (07) 5658 0040
What’s included in our Forklift Courses, Brisbane?
- Pre-course study guide
- Formal / Theory training
- Training Plan
- Activity Book
- Practical Training
- Hazard identification and prevention
- Pre-operational checks / post-start checks
- Operation of forklift
- Use of attachments
- Post use checks and shutdown of forklift
- HRWL Written and Practical Assessment
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Evidence of identity (Photo).
- Australian drivers license.
- Medicare Card or Passport
- 100 points required for lodgement of assessment
- Adequate English language numeracy and literacy skills. If not, please contact us. We can help.
- Steel cap boots, high visibility shirt, hard hat, safety glasses.
- We recommend long sleeve shirts and long trousers and UV sunscreen. Steel cap runners are not acceptable. Safety sunglasses may be acceptable.
- Reasonable health fit for this work.
- You must advise us of any health issues that may place you or others at risk. This will not preclude your enrolment but, will allow us to determine appropriate adjustments to your training and physical activities.
Bookings for your Forklift Course can be made either over the phone or by email.
Some of the information we will require are:
- Your legal name as shown on your driver’s license (First and last name).
- Date of Birth
- Contact details
- USI Number – As of the 1st of January 2015 all trainees must supply or obtain a USI (Unique Student Identifier). This is mandatory. If you do not yet have one, please click on this link or search online for “USI Student Identifier”
The purpose of our Forklift training course is to provide students with the knowledge and practical experience to safely operate a forklift truck across many industries within Australia.
A Forklift truck is a powered industrial truck that can be used to transfer materials over short distances. It is equipped with lifting equipment made up of a mast and an elevating load carriage, attached to that is a pair of fork arms or other arms that can be raised 900 mm or more above the ground.
This course will give you detailed training on how to plan and prepare a job, conduct routine operational checks of the forklift, carry out the task in a safe and compliant way and finally park-up and shut down the forklift according to site procedures.
Our highly skilled and knowledgeable trainers will provide you with the appropriate written and practical teachings at our onsite training facility in Brisbane. The course material will include the following:
- Hazards associated with forklift operations and the measures used to control them
- WHS legislation, Australian standards, and codes of practice
- How to operate a forklift safely
- Routine operational checks
- Limitations and capabilities of a forklift
- Traffic management policies and procedures
- Various lifting attachments and their functions
- Parking and shut down procedures of a forklift
- Maintenance of equipment and isolation procedures
- Effective communication in the workplace
- Working load limit calculations
The successful candidate will have the skills and knowledge to demonstrate the following;
- Comply with all relevant legislation, regulations and site instructions and procedures
- Identify potential hazards in the workplace and apply the necessary control measures using the hierarchy of control
- Operate a forklift at a safe speed and ensure the load is at an appropriate height relative to ground conditions
- Driving and maneuvering a forklift in forward and reverse gears and understanding its capabilities and limitations in order to move a load safely
- Monitoring the weight and positioning of loads to avoid workplace hazards
- Conduct before and after operational checks including correct fitting of attachments, safety equipment checks and relevant documentation of forklift operations
- Choose the appropriate lifting equipment for the task to be carried out
- Maintaining all equipment and reporting any defects according to isolation procedures
- Safely parking and shutting down a forklift according to manufacturer requirements
- Determine working load limits using mathematical calculations
- Communicate effectively with co-workers in the workplace including the use of two-way radios and signage while operating a forklift
All aspects of this course are vital in completing your Forklift training with Advanced Training and Construction. Our highly knowledgeable and flexible trainers will prepare you for the safe operations of a forklift, to the standards set out by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ).
We will ensure you possess the appropriate skills, both written and practical, to assist in gaining employment in a variety of industries including the construction and manufacturing industries